Social Activities @ Middleware 2009
Join us in celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Middleware Conference
Monday November 30
- Evening: Dinner and socializing at the Jupiters's bar and pizza restaurant.
Evening: Food, Beer, and Fun! Dinner at multiple restaurants and bars. Bowling and pool (billiards). Transportation will be provided.
Sign up now at the registration desk. Meet at 6:15 at the hotel lobby. We will return at approximately 9:30 pm.
Any time from 10 AM to 5 PM, Rantoul Chanute air museum. $10 per person. They will provide a tour guide. On wednesday they will also have some technicians open the airplanes to service, so there is opportunity of looking at how an airplane exactly works.
- Spurlock Museum
- NCSA Building Tour
- Krannert Performing Arts Center Tour
- Evening: Siebel Center tour
Option of air museum, spurlock museum, NCSA tour and krannert arts center tour (similar to Wednesday).
- 15:00 - 17:00: Japanese tea ceremony $5 per person
- 17:00 - : Free Wine tasting (Wine and cheese) at the Krannert center
No Activities planned for the day, although all the same options as Wednesday can be possible (Option of air museum, spurlock museum, NCSA tour and krannert arts center tour).
- Evening: Nut Cracker Ballet at the Krannert arts center.
Transportation options*No transportation service will be provided for these activities by the conference organization.* Your options include:
- Illini Taxi - 217-384-5892
- Taxi Co - 217-355-1212
- Orange Taxi - 217-367-8888
- CU Taxi - 217-359-8634
Champaign Urbana Mass Transit District 217-384-8188
The i-Hotel shuttle service. The service is free to campus area and the Champaign train station.
Destinations and activities for the week
- Rantoul Chanute air museum Any time from 10 AM to 5 PM. $10 per person On Wednesday they will also have some technicians open the airplanes to service, so there is opportunity of looking at how an airplane exactly works.
- Spurlock Museum of Natural History Open 10AM to 5PM on Tuesday. Open 9AM to 5PM on Wednesday and Thursday.
- NCSA Building Tour Wednesday, 5:15 PM from Siebel Center. Max 20 participants.
- Krannert Performing Arts Center Tour. These free tours, conducted by members of the Krannert Center Student Association and the Krannert Center staff, are held every day at 3pm when U of I classes are in session.
- Japanese tea ceremony Thursday, 3PM to 5PM. $5 per person.
- Free Wine tasting (Wine and cheese) at the Krannert center. Thursday 5PM You will feel like you are in the Ozarks or the Adirondacks when the folk duo Salty Strings comes to Stage 5.
- Nut Cracker Ballet at the Krannert arts center. Friday 7:30PM. Ticket price: $34.